Banco Santander Mexico Review 2021 – that will be the topic of today’s article.
Nothing written here should be considered as formal financial, or any other kind of advice, and some of the facts might have changed since we penned this article.
For any questions, or if you are looking to invest, you can contact me using this form, or via the WhatsApp function below.
Banco Santander, S.A., doing business as the Santander Group, is a Spanish multinational finance company based in Madrid and Santander in Spain. In addition, Santander maintains a presence in all of the world’s financial centers as the 16th largest banking institution in the world. Although known for its European banking operations, it has expanded into the Americas, and more recently into mainland Asia. The Financial Stability Board considers it a systemically important bank.
Many subsidiaries such as Abbey National have been renamed Santander. The company is included in the Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index. In May 2016 Santander was ranked 37th in the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world’s largest public companies. Santander is the largest bank in Spain.
As of 2017 Santander is the 4th largest bank in Europe with AUM of approximately USD 1.4 trillion. The bank has a total market capitalization of $ 69.9 billion, traded on the Euro Stoxx 50 stock exchange. As of 2019, it has € 3.9 trillion in assets in custody (AUC) and € 2.1 trillion in assets under management (AUA). It is chaired by Ana Patricia Botín-Sanz de Sautuola O’Shea, daughter and granddaughter of the former presidents, Emilio Botín-Sanz de Sautuola and García de los Rios and Emilio Botín-Sanz de Sautuola Lopez, respectively.
The Santander Group operates in Europe, South America, North America and Asia, in part through acquisitions. As of 2013, it had over 186,000 employees, 14,392 branches, 3.26 million shareholders and 102 million customers. Retail banking, Santander’s core business, accounts for 74% of the group’s profits.
On June 10, 2010, Grupo Santander announced that it would invest approximately US $ 270 million (€ 200 million) in Campinas, Brazil, in a technology center for research and data processing and a data center to support operations in North America, Central America and others. countries. South America. The new center was to be created within the Campinas High-Tech Cluster Development Company on an area of 1 million square meters. Construction began in January 2011 and more than 8,000 jobs are expected to be commissioned in 2013.
In 2013, the global investment firm General Atlantic, together with Warburg Pincus LLC, acquired 50% of Santander Asset Management.
In 2010, Banco Santander expanded to China, focusing on trade finance services and establishing a joint venture with China Construction Bank. The enterprise was established in 2011 with an initial capital of RMB 3.5 billion (US $ 530 million).
Santander and La Liga entered into a title sponsorship agreement for the 2016–17 season, resulting in the Spanish major football league becoming commercially known as La Liga Santander. Santander has sponsored the UEFA Champions League for two years, from the 2018-19 season to 2020-21. Santander has also sponsored the premier South American club competition Copa Libertadores since 2008 for the South American markets.
In Formula 1 from 2007 to 2017, Santander was the corporate sponsor of the Ferrari and McLaren teams.
In March 2020, Santander Group and La Liga announced the first ever LaligaSantander Fest as a worldwide charity concert festival to raise funds in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This bank overview is mainly for those who are going to move to Mexico and are looking for a worthy bank to cooperate with. If you are interested in cooperation with Banco Santander, we will try to give you a comprehensive and detailed overview of the products and services that the bank has in its offering list.
Banco Santander products/services:
- Savings and investments
- Digital banking
Banco Santander Accounts
You can be presented totally different accounts with their unique benefits and conditions, good offerings and services. Let’s see some of the most popular accounts of the Banco Santander, review them and make it easy for you to make your choice.
A new banking model that adapts to you and your company to help you overcome challenges as unique as you. Their commitment is to get your trust and loyalty, personalizing their services.
With this account you can enjoy these advantages:
- No issuance or maintenance fee on Santander One Debit, All-In-One Crédito and Aplaza Crédito cards.
- Commission-free cash withdrawals at the more than 7,000 Santander ATMs in Spain, and 30,000 in the world with your Santander One Debit card.
- No commission for making transfers in Euros from the online banking, mobile and ATMs, except urgent.
- Immediate sending of money without commission through Bizum in the Santander App or their online banking.
- Free access to Santander ZOne, a unique platform for discounts, experiences and exclusive benefits from the Santander App.
Customizing what you need is part of the bank’s commitment, as Santander One is much more than an account, they have evolved the way to personalize what you need through the Santander One Plans, being able to choose the ones that best suit you and your family. About the plans you will find in the website.
Join the million young people who are part of Santander Smartbank. The bank to help you make your dreams come true: travel, graduate, rent a house or get a job.
Access from your mobile phone and ATM network.
Discover the first job and internship offers.
Get a unique experience in contests.
Smart Account is an unpaid Santander SmartBank account for young people1, no commission (TIN 0%, annual interest rate 0%) for opening, servicing or requirements for people between the ages of 18 and 31. Open your smart account and they’ll give you the tools you need to fill your life with experience.
Smart Account benefits:
- No commission: invoice without service charges and requirements. Debit and credit cards2 no issue or service fees. Online transfers3 in EUR are free of charge.
- Everything from your mobile phone: manage through the app or by phone, for example, pay for purchases, send and receive money using Bizum, or chat with your personal manager.
- Savings: With Santander ZOne you can save on your daily expenses simply by paying with your card (transport, fuel, sports and more).
- Travel without worries: You can withdraw cash without commission from your debit card at more than 30,000 Santander ATMs around the world.
- Concerts, trips, adventures: participate in their competitions and win a unique #SmartExperience: tickets to concerts, trips, adventures, training courses.
- Get a cool resume: send us your resume, they will review it and help you improve it. Set yourself apart by being smart! And develop your talent with their scholarships, workshops, training courses and job offers.
- They guarantee your dreams, they help you rent a house: get the necessary guarantee or a deposit for your rental housing from 12 € / month to 2000 €.
This account might be of your interest as it is specially for non-residents. If you are not local, but live and work in the country, open a checking account to quickly manage your day-to-day management.
- Have a debit card for purchases.
- Access 30,000 Santander ATMs worldwide.
- Manage your account remotely using Digital Banking.
A World Non-Resident Account is a Euro checking account with general liquidity linked to a package of products and services that will facilitate your day-to-day operations.
A World Non-Resident Account is an unpaid checking account and is subject to a € 16 monthly service fee (TIN 0%, annual interest rate: -1.32%). To get this account, you need to be over 18 years old and not live in Spain.
World Account Debit Card No Issuance or Maintenance Fee:
- Free debit cash withdrawals from Santander ATMs in Spain and 30,000 Santander branded ATMs worldwide.
- With the Santander app, you can activate your card, check your PIN, your spending and available limits, and even block your card if lost or stolen. Download the Santander app now.
- Purchase alert service customizable in Santander app.
A digital banking contract that allows you to manage your income and payments anytime, anywhere.
Free transfers via the Internet, mobile banking or ATMs for any amount issued or received in Euro and issued in foreign currency. Exemption from fees for negotiating and clearing national Euro checks deposited into this account.
Banco Santander Cards
The bank offers you a wide range of cards with different benefits and different conditions, taking into account different demands of their clients.
Santander One Cards
Know all the cards associated with Santander One so you can get the most out of them and enjoy all their benefits.
- No emission and maintenance fees.
- Access 30,000 Santander ATMs.
- Pay for purchases using your mobile phone: fast and easy.
Choosing this plan, you will be offered three different cards to choose, all of them are good to both make payments and get funds. More information you will find on the official website.
As many of you want to travel the whole world, they put smart cards at your fingertips so you can pay for your purchases quickly, easily and securely.
- Debit card with no issuance or service fees.
- Pay for purchases, send and receive money from your mobile phone.
- More than 30,000 Santander ATMs worldwide.
LaLiga Santander Revolving Credit Card
Let’s now come to a more entertaining part of the bank offerings. A revolving credit card that rewards you for every goal of your team
- Choose LaLiga Santander or LaLiga Smartbank.
- Link it to your card and get up to € 3 for each goal.
- Take part in special promotions and earn even more.
The LaLiga Santander card is a revolving credit card that rewards you for every goal of your team in LaLiga Santander or LaLiga Smartbank. With it, you can receive a bonus every time you check your team.
In addition, the LaLiga Santander Card allows you to participate in promotions that will be updated periodically. Select your team simply in online channels. You only need to select the team you want to join through the Santander app or online bank.
Santander Iberia Icon Card
The card you travel on because in addition to earning Avios with every purchase, with this card you will have access to the Elite tier of the Iberia Plus plan for Santander One.
- Take advantage of discounts on flights.
- Access the Iberia Plus Silver benefits.
- Feel the peace of mind with a travel insurance package.
Iberia Plus Silver benefits
- By holding the Santander Iberia Icon Card, you will have access to the benefits of the Iberia Plus Plata: priority boarding on flights operated by the Iberia Group, increased baggage allowance, reduced check-in at Business counters, Silver bonus: you receive an additional 25% Avios on your flights, priority when booking on waiting lists and at the airport.
- If you would like to know more, you can read the terms and conditions for accessing the benefits of the Iberia Plus Silver Card here.
- Discounts on flights- With the Santander Iberia Icon Card you can get a 10% discount on your Iberia tickets.
- Travel insurance package: With the Santander Iberia Icon Card, you can get a complete insurance package2 so you can enjoy your trip with complete peace of mind.
- Cancellation insurance up to € 6,000 for flights, transport, hotels and shows for the owner, as well as his spouse, relatives in the ascending and direct descending line of the first degree.
- Insurance against accidents in public transport in the amount of up to 360,000 euros when paying for a transport ticket by card.
- Travel assistance insurance up to € 9000, which includes compensation for maintenance costs for late departure from the vehicle; loss, theft or damage of checked baggage up to € 900; extension of the period of stay due to illness or accident and repatriation or medical transportation of the injured and medical expenses abroad.
- Check out the terms and conditions here (PDF 418.71 KB).
- Payment flexibility – With the Santander Iberia Icon Card, you can make daily purchases and pay at the end of the month at no additional cost, or postpone them with full flexibility (renewable payment method) (INN: 8.00%. Annual interest rate: 22.15%).
Savings and Investments
Banco Santander gives its clients various options to discover and invest. You can invest in investment funds, in securities, or maybe you want a savings insurance or a pension plan. Everything is up to you, but in case you are not sure what you want to do with your funds, you can get a help of professional advisors and they will give you personalized advises.
Choosing this investment option you will have four more ways to pick. The bank has the following investment funds:
- Santander Future Wealth, F.I.
- Santander Sustainable 1, F.I.
- Santander Balanced Global Management
- Santander Fixed Income Savings, F.I.
Make the one that best suits you and complete your long-term investment with good interest rates.
Investing in the stock market by purchasing shares of a company will allow you to achieve profitability depending on their value in the market.
- Access to the stock market.
- Invest in company equity.
- Monitor your investments online.
The stock exchange is a market where buyers and sellers negotiate to buy and sell shares, a meeting place for companies and investors to achieve their goals.
In fulfilling their role as a primary market, companies seek additional funding so that their business can continue to grow. To do this, they issue capital (in the form of shares), which they sell to investors.
Once released, they can be bought and sold, leading to a secondary market with investors, both individuals and organizations looking to make a profit on their money.
Investors have several investment alternatives at their disposal, and in the case of the stock market, it is shares that constitute the capital of various companies.
What are actions?
When investing on the stock exchange, investors have at their disposal various investment products, one of which is stocks.
Thus, the shareholder owns an aliquot of the issuing company and has political rights (for example, participation and voting at shareholders meetings) and economic rights (for example, participation in the results obtained by the company through dividends paid by the company). distributed).
Equity investments do not have a specific maturity, are not guaranteed, and their profitability (dividends and capital gains / securities) will depend on the development of the company itself and the behavior of the financial markets.
Who can invest in the stock market?
Anyone can invest in stocks, but before doing so, they must assess their personal situation, short, medium and long term liquidity needs and the goals they want to achieve.
Equity investments can be short-term, medium-term, and long-term and depend on the client’s investment strategy. It also allows the investor to easily diversify their portfolio across geographic regions and sectors.
The price of a company’s shares depends, on the one hand, on the results of the activity of this company (the results that it has received and expects to receive, as well as on its dividend distribution policy), and on the other hand, on factors that affect the market or the markets in which it works (political, regulatory, economic stability, etc.).
How to buy stocks?
If you are looking to start investing in stocks, Banco Santander is at your disposal to find the product you are interested in.
These are the exchanges you can trade on: Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Through online banking
If you are a customer, log into your personal account and gain access to Banco Santander investment products and the SO: FIA investment platform, the most complete tool to carry out your transactions in the national and international markets.
All this from 3 euros per operation to 2,000 euros.
Otherwise, become a customer.
Through Santander offices
In their network of offices you can get more information about the investment products you are interested in and hire the ones that interest you.
Fixed income (bonds, bonds, bills, etc.) Consists of investments in debt obligations of companies or government agencies. In general, this allows you to know the profitability and time horizon from the very beginning, as well as some:
- They allow you to receive periodic interest payments.
- They allow you to make investments in different currencies.
- They allow you to diversify depending on the time horizon.
Fixed income assets are marketable securities issued by companies and government agencies and represent loans that these organizations receive from investors.
That is, investing in fixed income means providing loans to companies or government agencies, becoming their lender or lender.
Investments have a fixed maturity and are not guaranteed. The size of coupons and the date of their payment are determined initially.
Fixed income grants the investor economic rights (not political rights) vis-à-vis the issuer. In the event of liquidation of the company, the lender (fixed income investor) has priority over partners (equity investor)
Who can invest in bonds?
Investments in bonds or debentures are indicated for investors who want to know from the outset the characteristics of their investments (amount and dates of coupon payment, maturity, issuer of the asset, etc.).
This allows you to invest in issues denominated in different currencies (EUR, USD, GBP, AUD, etc.) and in different investment horizons (short, medium and long term), depending on the maturity of the product.
How to buy fixed income?
If you are looking to start investing in bonds and bonds, Banco Santander is at your disposal so that you can find the product that best suits your needs and expectations.
To do this, do not hesitate to contact the bank’s network of offices, where you can access their offer. In addition, if you want to know more about how to invest in the stock market and what investment products, they will provide you all the information.
Pained by financial indecision? Want to invest with Adam?
Adam is an internationally recognised author on financial matters, with over 314.8 million answers views on Quora.com and a widely sold book on Amazon