Governments have increased spending dramatically in the wake of the coronavirus and subsequent shutdown.
There is no such thing as a free lunch. So, will this result in more taxes?
The video below looks at the potential to bring in:
- Exit taxes on people who renounce their citizenship
- More taxes on expats
- Enhanced wealth and property taxes
- Pressure on countries like the UAE to bring in income taxes
- Global minimums on corporate taxes
- VAT or extending the working age of most workers by raising the retirement age.
The article below looks at some options for getting residency and citizenship by making investments in banks, real estate or other assets.
Which countries offer some of the most enticing schemes?